This twenty-year-old is ready to conquer the world. Sort of.
Let me conquer the City of Lights first.

Monday, December 19, 2005

get up and go

so, i know it's been a while, so i figured i'd write a real (quick) post since i'm procrastinating writing a 6 page consumer analysis paper that will officially end my junior year here in the states. (It sounds weird saying that - "the states" - but I have a feeling I'm going to be saying that a lot next semester...)

Basically, as soon as one thing gets figured out, something else goes wrong. I'm still trying to figure out what classes i'm taking abroad, because as of now, going abroad is putting me one class behind schedule (and it makes me very uneasy to be behind schedule). I'm trying to figure out whether to stay at the American Business School and really, whether to stay in Paris after all. Which brings me back to the whole debate of Paris versus Grenoble which I was all to happy to bring to an end back in October. Whatever, I don't want to think about it anymore. I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Basically, just like the typical five-year-old impatient child in the back of the car during a long car-ride, I JUST WANT TO BE THERE ALREADY!

The anticipation is killing me. I haven't been able to fall asleep the past three nights; I've lied awake thinking about how it's going to be. It's not even that I'm scared, although a part of me is a little scared of going to this foreign country where I don't know anyone, where they don't speak English, where I've heard they aren't very friendly... But it's more that I just don't know what's going to happen!

It's kind of like that feeling you get the night before the first day of school. You have your outfit all planned out, you can't wait to see your friends, you're nervous about whether your teachers will be hard... But you begin imagining what the school year will hold - will it be the year you get chosen to be the lead in the play? The year of your first kiss? The year you get all As? Will you meet a new best friend? Make an enemy? Fall in love? Get hurt playing softball?

So that's where I am right now. Except in addition to all the excitement of studying abroad, I have to deal with all the little details right now, along with packing all my things and worrying about finals and saying bye to friends.

Oy. I just want to be there already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home