This twenty-year-old is ready to conquer the world. Sort of.
Let me conquer the City of Lights first.

Monday, March 27, 2006

ben folds

http://www.umd.edu/features/benfolds.html

this fucking kills me. All I've wanted to for the past two years was to see Ben Folds and I wasn't able to last summer in Boston and last fall in Maryland. And now he's coming to the UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND and I won't be there.

In honor of me NOT seeing him, below is my favorite song and the song that I thought at one point I would want to be the song played while I walked down the aisle at my (future) wedding... It's probably the most real, moving love song ever written.

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest


I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home